Now, I may watch the Superbowl, but mostly for the commercials. And I really hope that Peyton "Sony" Manning doesn't win another.
The Patriots attempt at playing football on Sunday was futile, and I know that pitchers and catchers report for Spring Training in like six weeks and I am ready. Also, the Celtics and Bruins are still playing pretty solid and they should have a good run in the playoffs.
The Patriots, who could have been a dynasty if it wasn't for the Helmet catch from Superbowl 42, are on the decline and it's time for a rebuild. Wipe out the coaching ranks except for Bill and find some defensive players that know how to tackle.
That is all ,
Good day
2 comments:
Rebuild? I respectfully disagree. That absolutely wrong. They muddled their way through this season because they're young. You develop these guys.
Defensive starters - age:
Warren - 28
Wilfork - 28
Green - 30
Banta-Cain - 29
Mayo - 23
Guyton - 24
Thomas - 32
Springs - 34
Bodden - 28
Meriweather - 25
Sanders - 26
Thomas is gone. Springs is a nickelback next year, if not gone completely. Adding in a few more defensive depth guys:
Chung - 22
McGowan - 26
Wilhite - 25
Butler - 23
Woods - 27
Pryor - 23
Wright - 27
Brace (inactive Sunday) - 23
You don't rebuild a team this young. You add some defensive line help (if Wilfork leaves), you add depth on the offensive line and receiver. You bring in a running back.
The dynasty, as we once knew it, may not be back. Who knows. But this team contends in 2010, 2011, 2012 because of the guys they already have.
Excellent points Greg. I still think they need some changes in the coaching ranks.
Post a Comment