Thursday, January 07, 2010

Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day



Was it worth the wait? I finally had a chance to make it down to Concord and catch the long-waited, well overdue sequel Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day. The follow up to original came out nearly eight years after the original cult classic, which had the unfortunate timing of coming out the Friday after the Columbine incident.


Well, I think it was worth the wait. Most of the regular characters are back and in rare form, the music is good, the action scenes are pretty intense and the love for guns is back in full form.


I'm not going to go much into plot dissection in case anyone out there is planning on seeing this movie while it still is in theatres and before it comes out on DVD, but I was pretty impressed with the plot. I missed Agent Paul Smecker in this movie, but the new FBI agent makes up for his loss with a sexy accent and hot body.


The brothers and their father get back to work in the sequel, and this movie basically sets the table for a third movie. I just hope its not eight years until the third chapter of this story is released into theatres.

No comments: