I am currently monitoring a night study at Brewster Academy. I do this about 2 or 3 times a week depending on the week. I get paid well to do it and usually read a book or read stuff online, but tonight I couldn't put myself to read.
My eyes tired as I once again had work at Gunstock in the morning, then practice, and then this (night study from 8-10 PM). I was bored at around 9:15 I was on AIM and was just looking at random away messages. I saw lots of people had plans: going out drinking, roadtrips, movies. etc, etc. Then I thought to myself am I getting old.
All that stuff seems kind of stale to me. I mean part of it must be working 60 hours a week. I mean I don't go out that often because I am at 7 AM pretty much every day. When I have a day off from Gunstock I still am working at Brewster or refereeing some youth games in Wolfeboro.
To those are reading this, if anyone reads this at all, it might seem like I am bitching about my life. I really am not questioning whether I am finally growing up. I thought I would never grow up and I talked to kids who were out of school and were like, "no man I have get up early for work". I remember thinking that will never be me, never.
I thought about maybe going out for a drink or two tonight but I have to be up at 6:45 and it's probably not a good idea. I used to be 'gung-ho' about going out and having a good time, no matter when work was the next day. Who knows If I am really growing up or maybe my body is just tired.
All I know is that I am looking forward to the break I have from Brewster in March (pretty much the whole month). That will give me sometime to decide what I will be doing for work in the spring and the summer. I may be coaching at Brewster again, but that is not set in stone yet. I like working at Gunstock and may try to stay there and work during the spring and summer. Only time will tell . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment