Well, it has been a long time since I've written anything in here and I finally have some stuff to write about. I am working at Gunstock full time and I like it there. The people are really nice and the hours aren't too bad.
I am putting in around 40 hours a week there and about 10 hours a week in coaching at Brewster, and then 10 hours a week and substituting, and then refereeing a couple youth games a week in Wolfeboro when I can.
I knew that finding a job as a journalist out of college would be hard, but I didn't know it would be this hard. I have patience, but for right now I am happy with what I am doing. I am going to apply to teach at Brewster next year and that would be really cool If I could do that. I love being back there and some of my old teachers are still there. They love what they do and I think that I would really enjoy it.
I was writing for The Granite State News, wrote about 5 articles for them. I covered the board of selectmen meeting in Tuftenboro, NH. I got an email saying how my articles were improving and then the following week I received another e-mail saying they were going to use someone with more experience. I was only getting paid 50 dollars a week, oh well.
I am finding lots of jobs online but most of them are looking for a writer with 2 or 3 years experience and at this point I don't have that. I was going to go to California and start to explore the possibility of moving out there and working for Fanscape, the marketing company I do volunteer projects for, but I am going to put that on hold.
I really think teaching at Brewster would be a good fit for me, but who knows. All I know is I am done with school for a while. Thoughts of Grad School came up, but I just don't have the money right now. Maybe down the line sometime.
The Patriots are playing great and I think that there will finally be a Pats/Eagles Superbowl. Let the battling of the Croes and Shelly family begin. The Pats were underdogs, I guess, verse the Colts and the absolutely dominated them.
That is all for now.
Oh yeah Ashlie sorry about this weekend, my bad
No comments:
Post a Comment