Friday, May 07, 2010

Worst night in Boston sports in a while . . .

As I sat down in front of my television on Friday night, with three games on the schedule (well really two because the third was on a television station that also airs bull-riding competitions but I'll get to that) I was hoping for two out of three victories.

For anyone not aware, the Red Sox were hosting the Yankees on NESN, the Celtics were hosting the Lebron's in the third game of the Eastern Conference semifinals on ESPN and the Bruin's traveled to Philadelphia to try and sweep the Flyers in the NHL playoffs.

Well, I can say this, the highlight of the whole night was the footage of the 82nd air born dropping in on parachutes to Fenway Park.

The Sox got crushed, Beckett gave up nine runs, the Celtics played the worst game of their entire NBA season in front a home crowd that never got into the game, and the Bruin's (this is strictly through highlights from VS.) lost in OT 5-4.

I was looking forward to a delightful evening, at least I didn't travel to Boston, which I had plans to do, and watch in front of other die-hard fans of their beloved New England teams.

Sunday has to be better right???

No comments: